From other people’s comment, I could guess this game is very good. But I could get how it works and what to do. The graphics and music are very polished. Just hope that the instructions are more clear.
- Weather change! (storm and snow)
- Falling matrix
- Added Mountains for background
- Save and reset game in pause menu
- Auto load from saved data
- Improved background music
- Some bug fixes
- OPENING AND CLOSING INVENTORY ARE NOW FROM THE PAUSE MENU!
BEEP, the computer has detected a virus...
Inside the virtual world, the laws of physics change...
Your journey starts here, Terminate the virus!
(Infected System is a game made for the GameShell BOOOM Jam. THEME: SHIFT)
(Made with PICO-8)
I interpreted the theme as: Dimensional Shift (teleport from one place to another)
- You can only teleport when standing in front of a portal.
- To create items in inventory, use UP and DOWN arrows to select and RIGHT arrow to create.
- The golden item you get from killed enemy is the bug of the virus, when you find enough bugs, you can create an antivirus, when you have enough antivirus, you can create a key, which you need to place at 5 different key holes to finish the game.
- Red portals are linked to each other, the golden portal can only be used after inserted 5 keys.
- 20 bugs -> 1 antivirus, 2 antivirus -> 1 key
(Save or Delete game data from the pause menu)
X = Shoot
C, RIGHT-ARROW, LEFT-ARROW = Navigation
DOWN-ARROW = Teleport or place antivirus
C + UP-ARROW = Open and close inventory
Have FUN :D
(Team member: me)
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
To load it on the gameshell you need to copy .p8 file into pico8's cart folder.
Sorry, I don’t mean that I couldn’t getting running. What I meant is that I couldn’t understand the aim of the game...
OHH.. the aim of the game is to free the computer from the virus.
Story: You have entered the virtual world. Your mission is to terminate the virus, then leave the virtual world.
First of all, you need to kill enemies to collect bugs(coin-like items), then you can create antiviruses and keys in inventory. Altogether you need five keys to activate five different thing like this, (activate by pressing down arrow).
Afterwards, the golden portal will be unlocked and you can use it to travel to a secret part of the map, where you can enter the BIG portal to finish the game.
Inventory navigations: up and down arrows to select, right arrow to create.
It took a while to understand what was happening, but once I got it I had a blast! I was so hooked I beat the game in one session.
This was really well put together and a lot of fun, I couldn't figure out what to do once I'd got five keys though...
Find and enter the golden portal!
Nice one! I enjoy this game very much.
inventory doesn't close.